At Royale International we respect your privacy and take protection of your privacy seriously.
What personal data do we collect?
- In the course of Our prospective or ongoing business or other types of dealings with you or when you browse or use Our website, virtual portals or systems, mobile applications or social media pages (altogether referred to as “Medias”), We will sometimes retain some of your personal data. The type of personal data We retain will depend on Our relationship with you and how you come into contact with us. For instance:
- When you apply for a job, We will retain your name, address, telephone number and any other information you may provide or that is available on your CV.
- When you browse or use Our Medias, We may automatically collect certain information through cookies (read more about this in Our Cookies Policy) and click streams. Some of Our Medias also record IP addresses from anyone browsing or using them. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Collection of IP addresses is standard procedure in most web-server environments. When you use some of Our Medias, We may also ask you to provide other personal data such as name, username and password to be able to use that Media. Our Medias may contain links to other websites or social media. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website or social media, for which Royale International is not responsible.
- If you are or are in contact with Us about potentially becoming a customer, sponsored, agent, contractor, vendor, service provider, subcontractor, licensee, licensor or otherwise have or consider a business relationship with Us, We will need to collect your name, email address, telephone number and other personal data needed to carry out Our agreed business or to evaluate a potential business. In certain cases where there is a legitimate interest and collection is allowed under applicable laws, We may ask you to provide (but will never retain the originals) a copy of your identity documents, travel documents (including visa labels), criminal records, insurance coverage details and Covid-19 vaccination record.
How do we collect your personal data?
- Depending on Our relationship with you and how you come into contact with Us, We will access your personal data in different ways. For instance, you may provide your personal data to Us voluntarily when you fill in any of Our paper or electronic forms, when you participate in surveys, contests, events or research, when you use any of Our Medias to create an account or to login, when you submit orders or invoices to Us or otherwise buy, sell, rent, lease or license products, technology or service from or to Us and otherwise in the course of Our dealings with you. Your personal data may also be automatically collected when you browse Our Medias (read more about this in Our Cookies Policy). Sometimes, your personal data may be provided to Us by a third party, for instance when you are a named receiver, shipper, or consignee of a shipment that someone else has requested that We deliver from or to you.
How will we use your personal data?
- We will use your personal data only as needed to carry out the purpose for which it is collected, depending on the context in which it is collected and the nature of Our relationship with you. For instance:
- If you are a job applicant, We will use your personal data to assess your job application.
- When our Medias record IP addresses, We do it to help diagnose problems with Our server, to administer Our website, to analyze trends, to track user movements, and to gather broad demographic information; all for the purpose of continually improving Our Medias and delivering personalized, customized content.
- If you are, or are working for, a customer, sponsored, agent, contractor, vendor, service provider, subcontractor, licensee or licensor, We will use your personal data as needed in relation to the purchase, rental, hiring, or licensing of goods, technology or services from or to you (or to evaluate a prospective new business with you).
- If you are, or are working for, a prospective customer, sponsored, agent, contractor, vendor, service provider, subcontractor, licensee or licensor, We will use your personal data to evaluate a prospective business relationship.
- We may also use your personal data to contact you (via telephone, email, direct mail, social media and other communication means) to offer or inform you of Our business, services or events. You may at any time unsubscribe/opt-out from receiving Our promotional materials simply by sending the word “Unsubscribe” or “Opt-Out” or the like by email to email@example.com, or (in case of promotional emails) by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of Our promotional emails.
- If there is an investigation or audit initiated by an authority, a legal proceeding, litigation, or claim against Us or involving Us, We may need to use your personal data to fulfil Our legal obligations, enforce Our rights and defend ourselves.
- If you participate in a survey or research, We will use your personal data for internal evaluation and analysis in view of improving Our services and developing Our business.
- If you participate in a contest, promotion, lucky draw or similar event, We will use your personal data as needed to carry out such event and to contact you in relation to such event.
- We will not trade, or sell your personal data to third parties, unless you expressly authorize Us to do so.
- Generally, We will collect, maintain and use your personal data only if it is needed to carry out Our duties in relation to Our dealings with you, or if it is in Our legitimate interest to do so, or if We are legally required to do so. We will not collect or use your personal data if that would be against any applicable law.